2023 - week 30 - July 23 - July 29

 And just like that I have heaps of finished things to show you, and Im pleased about that as last week was all about progress (or lack there of)

Firstly I finished a sock! This one has been my travel knitting project (yes I always have something on hand to work on if Im to be a passenger in the car while Gary is driving - Im sure that doesn't surprise you and its amazing the amount I get done!) The pattern is called stack of books and the yarn is from stray cats yarns in the colour way maisie. Im actually pretty impressed how well i matched up the stripes in the pair. 




Next was the - ta da!!!! - cross stitch project that I have spent literally hours and hours on and at times I almost gave up but Im glad I didnt and I really like it!  Its currently at the framers getting framed as I think its just a bit special





And thirdly (yep 3 finishes on the craft front this week) I finished this hat - now green is not a colour I like but a friend sent me this and I liked it!  The hat will be super warm as the brim has three layers to keep your ears warm.  Pattern is Boston streets and the yarn is Malabrigo Rios








So a pretty productive week on the craft front! As for reading again great success! 
Firstly I finished book 2 of the nomad series - sanctuarywhich continues the tribulations after earth has been affected by a black hole cluster called nomad.  Often series of books deteriorate after book 1 but this one still has me hooked and Im almost finished the 3rd book in the series - for me this is a 5 star read PS this was an audio read/listen 


And last but not least - I finished read the physical book of Legends and Lattes what a great light read - story of an orc who starts up a coffee shop in a town after retiring from physical and battle duties.  Gnomes are credited with creating the coffee machine she uses and it's a hoot of a read.  A bit of strange creatures, a few battles, a bit of angst and just a nice feel good vibe.  Another 5 star read here my friends.

Well thats my productive week and just about the end of another month! See you next week 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23