2023 - week 26 June 25 - July 1

 Well thats half the year gone! Anyone else think that time is passing a lot more quicker than it has before? Or is it just that I have so many things I want to do and the list just keeps on growing!

On the farm its been super busy with us still in the midst of the ai program, but thankfully not many calves left to feed so that full focus at the moment is on the future cows in the herd.   It takes a lot of vigilance, observations and data crunching but we are getting there.  We have already hit our target number of cows to be ai'd in two weeks so pretty happy with that - fingers crossed the pregnancies have held - although march/april next year is going to be super busy!!!!!!

On the knitting front I finished one sock - the pattern is called "Stack of Books" and is I think going to be another firm favourite for self striping sock yarn.  The yarn I used is Stray Cats self striping yarn in the colour way Maisie and I got in as a gift from a friend on Ravelry.  Lovely to knit with and I really like the colours in it too.  For the record I used 2.25mm dpns and I think I'll keep these for me when Ive finished the pair.




Nothing else completed but Ive still been chipping away on my cross stitch - its super slow going but Im liking how it's turning out. 




Now on the reading front I have several finishes!

Firstly on audio book (via the audible app)

 While travelling to Queensland for some of the trip I played Tim Curry's narration of Journey to the Centre of the Earth by Jules Verne.  Gary said he enjoyed it - but I finished it on my own at home and he wasn't too upset LOL Tim Curry's narration was as always excellent and yes I know its a "classic book" but Ive never read it before and quite enjoyed it - a book before its time and Id give it a 4 out of 5 


Also while on holidays in Queensland I borrowed my daughter Sarah's copy of "It Starts with Us" by Colleen Hoover - I didnt enjoy the first book of this series (It ends with us) although I read it in very short time - mainly as there were so many domestic violence triggers but I loved loved loved the sequel.  Romance, twists and turns and people being honest and brave with each other - 5 out of 5 stars for me. 


Two very different reads - but I enjoyed them both for very different reasons. 


So half way through the year and so far Ive read/listened to 33 books - and Im aiming to read 60 by the end of the year so Im on track

Project wise Ive finished 30 projects of the 60 I want to complete so on track there too!

Im really glad Ive been keeping a track of these via this blog as I dont really appreciate what I get done - but I do get a bit done dont I?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23