2023 - week 27 July 2 - July 8

 Its been a cold and drizzly rain kind of week - and Ive had an extremely painful leg which involved going to echuca for an ultrasound in case I had a DVT (Blood clot in the leg) thankfully I dont and next week Im to have a CT scan in case I have a pinched nerve.  Its super annoying as I cant work out a way around the pain and sleeping is hard.

But there is a silver lining - Ive finally got to 50% of my cross stitch Ive been working on - its been super slow but Im happy with the result.  Id like to get it finished by the end of the month but it will be tight. 




Ive also finished two books - the first one is a physical book = A darker shade of magic by V.E. Schwab and it was highly recommended to me by an overseas friend and what an awesome book and book 1 of a series of 3. It's about London but not just one London.  In fact there are four that share that name and location and each is on a very different plane of existence. It is set in the early 1800s when magical travel between th different Londons has been severely restricted.  Enter Kell and Lila who travel through the different Londons on adventures and thats about all I will say as I dont want to give too much away.  This is definitely a 5 stars out of 5 read for me and I cant wait to get the next one in the series. 



The second book I finished was an audio book on audible.  Its not the sort of book I would normally choose but I love the narrator - Zara Ramm  - and its a thriller/mystery type book about two twin girls who swap places at the age of 6 and never swap back.  They have each had different problems with their identity and life and an accident brings it all to a head.  It's a 4 stars out of 5 listen (probs cos of Zara Ramm!) 





A short but sweet update this week - see you next week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23