2023 - week 28 July 9 - 15

 And just like that another week has gone by!

What did I do? Well we succeeded in getting Every Single Cow eligible for AI done - woohoo, something we have NEVER achieved - fingers crossed that a good proportion of them are in calf, yes there will be returns (as in having to AI them again but thats to be expected) Next March is going to be busy!

Also snuck in two days off farm to firstly attend the Bendigo Sheep and Wool show - here's what a bought and I think it's pretty modest! A couple of kits and supplys for felting, some buttons and some fleece to spin.  Gaz bought a calf trailer and a whipper snipper thingy so spent lots more than me!  Megan came with us too which was fun.


Stayed the night in Bendigo (or Spendigo) as we like to call it then off to watch Declan play footy and Maddy and Mia play netball - that was fun! So blessed to be able to spend time with family. 

On the crafting front (apart from the above!) Ive been working solidly on my cross stitch and Im starting to think I may (just may) get it done by the end of the month - fingers crossed. Heres my progress 



Reading wise I finished firstly a physical book - Never Never by Colleen Hoover (yep Im a fan of her books!) It's the story of two people who lose their memories of each other every 48 hours and they have to "remeet" each other and sort out their relationships and family etc.  Interesting idea and well written - 4 out of 5 stars for me! 




Second finish is via audio and audible.  It's a book Ive had in my queue for a couple of years and Ive kept bypassing it as I didnt like the cover.  And I think it was even free! Anyways I downloaded and loved it! In fact I've already got the next two books in the series ready to listen to. It's about a huge mass thats heading towards the earth and may destroy it - its called Nomad, hence the title.  Story tells of a family and how they cope with this - plus throw in some Italian mafia types of well.  I loved loved loved this book and its definable a 5 out of 5 stars for me and a lesson to not judge a book by its cover!


Well thats my week and it's looking like next week its back to frosty mornings! Thankful for our wood heater!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23