2023 - week 4 January 22-29

 Week 4!

I managed to finish the easy mosaic socks that was my christmas yarn ball gift.  Im so happy with how they turned out! This is the perfect pattern for using some self striping yarn - I used some from Heathermaid and the plain colour is from Opal.  As I said last week it was part of my Christmas Yarn ball so all the little gifts around the socks fell out as I knitted.  I have probably half of ball of each of the yarns left so I might try and make some shortie socks with the leftovers - stay tuned!






Ive also been working on the flea market flowers cross stitch - and Im really enjoying it still.  The colours are so nice and I think Im getting a great result! I'm hoping to get it finished by the end of the month but not sure if I will make it or not 






Reading wise - a couple more finishes so a total of 8 books read/listened to for the year so far!



Ive had the Minimalist way on my shelf for a couple of years and finally got around to reading it.  It has tips for not being so busy in your life and to declutter your home, commitments etc.  A really good easy read and Id give it 4/5 stars and hopefully I take some of the ideas to heart as this year I really want to stop being so busy and look after myself a lot more and better!








Fifteen postcards is about a girl called Sarah who can travel through time if she touches certain objects which she finds in her antique shop.  It was ok to listen to- nothing challenging and a bit of Indian and New Zealand history which was interesting I listened to it via audible Id give it 2 1/2 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23