2023 - week 1 - January 1-7

 Well what a week the first week of 2023 has been 

We didnt stay up until midnight on January 1 and was in bed by 930 like proper grown ups

Sadly on the 4th January we lost Garys dad and my much loved favourite father in law John (see seperate post about this)

I managed to finish a quilt that Ive been working on for quite some time - the pattern is Wee Three Birds, and I bought it as a kit from Nicky Tepper when she had her Honeysuckle Patchwork Shop in Bendigo.  I really enjoyed making this as its a row by row quilt but with lots of different techniques - some new to me too - english paper piecing, needle turn appliqué and machine piecing to name a few. Im not sure when I started it - possibly mid 2022 and I think its turned out quite lovely.




I also finished two books - both on audible, so listening to them rather than reading them in a physical book.  And both from the same series - the Chronicles of St Mary's by Jodi Taylor. Its the story of a bunch of disaster-prone historians who investigate major historical events in contemporary time - but definitely not time travel.  Towards the end of last year I started re-reading(re-listening) to the series and have just finished book number 4 "A Trail Through Time"which tells the ongoing sagas of Max and Leon as they run up and down the time line avoiding the Time Police after Max is killed in one time line and dropped into another 




and book number 5 "A Christmas Present" where Max, Peterson and Markeham jump back to Roman times to rescue to historians who have been abandoned there by Clive Ronan. Both books still have me laughing out loud and really enjoying them.  Highly recommend the whole series - In fact I highly recommend anything by Jodi Taylor!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23