2023 - week 3 January 15-21

 Its been a busy week both crafting and farm wise

Our workers have now finished up so its just Gaz and I with "a little help from our friends" - hopefully we get someone suitable apply soonish 

Craft wise Ive been working on a few things (Im sure you are not surprised by that!) Ive started work on my Christmas Yarn Ball project.  I love love love this concept and take part in it every year.  Its organised by one of the groups I am in on Ravelry and we are given partners names and after "stalking" their likes and dislikes wind up a ball of yarn with treats inside it to make a pattern they like.  Its a bit hard to explain but hopefully this pic helps you understand how it starts 

I was gifted two different yarns - the teal colour and the self striping yarn to make the easy mosaic socks. Plus a couple of other treats too - appreciate the sugar free treats as Im diabetic

And here's my progress - its a super easy pattern that gives a great result and the yarns that my partner has chosen are perfect for it.  Ive got one sock done and started the second sock.  Always good to start the second sock straight away as otherwise it never gets done - ask me how I know this!








The second project Ive been working on is something Ive been wanting to have a go at for ages and Ive had all the "makings" for quite some time - its cross stitch!  The pattern is Flea Market Flowers and Im really enjoying working on this - creating something from what is essentially a blank canvas.  Its slow going but as I said Im really enjoying the process.







Reading wise Ive finished two books -  on my Kindle - "Austenland" which I thought would be a good read but I must admit I struggled to get through it and skim finished most of it, yes there was a bit of Jane Austen in it, but mostly a lot of well.....gossiping really. Id give this 2 stars but read it if you are an Austen fan.  Jane Hayes is a seemingly normal young New Yorker, but she has a secret. Her obsession with Mr. Darcy, as played by Colin Firth in the BBC adaptation of Pride and Prejudice, is ruining her love life: no real man can compare. But when a wealthy relative bequeaths her a trip to an English resort catering to Austen-crazed women, Jane’s fantasies of meeting the perfect Regency-era gentleman suddenly become realer than she ever could have imagined. 


Secondly I finished (on Audible) a second listening of What Could Possibly Go Wrong by Jodi Taylor.  As Ive previously mentioned - I love this series!  This is the 6th book in the St Marys series and as always there's laughs, drama and a bit of history thrown in for good measure - and as always 5 stars from me 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23