2024 - week 4 - January 22 - January 28

ANd just like that its almost the end of January! Still trying to work out what my new "normal" is and Im yet to find my rythmn but I will get there. I know it cant be rushed thats for sure. I have made a little progress on my leg back and siactica pain by doing a lot of stretch and some walking - still hurts a lot but most of the time is bearable. We've had a new member come and join our crazy farm family - Buster - hes an 11 month old Kelpie and comes from a very loving family in Quambatook. They rescued him and loved him but knew he was not the right dog for them - he needed wide open spaces and work and hopefully we can provide that for him. Hes bonded quite quickly with Gary and just wants to be with him which is good. And he and Molly have become fast friends which is lovely although hes a lot of boistorous for sedate Molly.
On the crafting front I finished two projects - one a quick one and one a more complex one - firstly I embroidered this wooden heart which although it was quickish was a bit trick to get the needle through the holes a few times Its a nice decorator piece though
I also finished the cute boat quilt for Sarahs baby which will be arriving next month!
Another successful week on the reading front with many finishes! First as a physical book I finished The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
This book had me engaged from page one! Kristin Hannah can definitely write! This book is set in world war 2 in france and tells of underground operations during that time There is also some family issues, a bit of romance and telling how strong people can be in the worst of circumstances Although part of the story was quite sad I really enjoyed it. Definately a 5 stars out of 5 read
Listened on audible Last book in the series of 3 - at least with this one I was able to tell what was fiction and what was not! Continued the story of a young man who was a spymaster in Queen Elizabeth 1 court and his trouble and ordeals Not quite as good as the first two mainly as the story line was not that believable but a reasonable listen and I usually like to finish a series. 3 stars out of 5 I also started to read Book of Night by Holly Black and tried to get into it but I just couldnt Its the story (I think) of peoples shadows being stolen and other odd things. I just wasnt enjoying it and decided that life is too short to read books I dont enjoy! So that was my week - dont the days fly by See you next week

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23