2024 - week 1 January 1 - January 7

Well just like that we are in 2024! I didnt think I would be starting the year off in the way I am - but it is what it is and I am very grateful for what I do have even though I have loss. I enjoyed doing the weekly blog posts last year and felt that it kept me on track so Ill do the same again this year - and challenging myself to read 62 books and 62 craft projects as well! I also want to downsize my stash of yarn and fabrics as to be honest its that large its overwhelming - and well whats the saying "I cant see the wood for the trees". Some things I have I no longer have any desire to make so they need to go where they will be loved - and Im sure there are lots of loving homes out there! I also have a few things of mums that I want to finish - one is a jacket that I have no clue how to complete so I might have to ask for help with that one! On the farm its rained and its rained and its rained! We had 47.2mm on the 2nd of January (the day of mums funeral - thank goodness that was all completed before the rain came, although Aimee, Matt and the kids had an interesting drive home) Another 70.3 mm so far today (7th January) and to be honest Gary and I are worried about floods again - something we are very keen not to experience again! I have finished the embroidery that I was working on while sitting with Mum - and I love it. I think Ill get it framed as its pretty special and a lot of work. Mum saw it several times and loved it too, so I think its a very special memory for me. Id had it for a while in the "to do" pile and it was the perfect thing to pop in my bag and take with me and the photo doesnt do the colours justice but I used a cottage gardens variagated thread (colour - eggplant) and it looks fabulous
Ive also started two quilts - one is the 2023 BOM rabbit and hollow from homespun magazine and the other is Around the Corner by wendy williams with lots of new to me techniques - so stay tuned but heres a sneak peek
I also have several sock pairs to finish - 4!!!!!
On the reading front - Im currently reading (physical book) of the second book of Fourth Wing - which is called Iron Flame and by Rebecca Yarros. Im enjoying it a lot but its a big book! 632 pages! On audio Im listening to The Tudor Secret by C.W. Gortner and enjoying that too but nothing finished as yet for 2024 So thats my first update for 2024 - probably a lot longer and more detailed than usual - not sure if this will be my new normal or if Im just starting off the year with a lot of info! Thanks for sticking with me til the end!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23