2024 - week 3 - January 15 - 21

Hello! And another week to report on! On the farm its been business as usual with no dramas that I can recall. Molly our border collie is quite lonely without Beau so we are looking for another dog to keep her company. On the crafting front I have finshed a pair of socks but as they are a test knit for a magazine Im not able to show you a pic sadly. But please know the pattern is lovely and Ill show them off when I get the ok from the designer. Im also up to sewing down the binding on the quit for the soon to be born baby in queensland so Ill show that one off next week I would say! Apart from that Ive been spending a large amount of time sorting out my craft area - going through everything and taking a lot to the op shop and being sensible (I think) about whether I will ever make the items. Its been really good to do and Ive now got things together that go together and also a rough sort of plan to make what I have. Im going to try really hard to not buy any yarn, fabric, etc!
On the reading front I finished Happy Place by Emily Henry. I needed a "palate cleanser" book after reading so much fantasy and this was perfect. Its the story of a group of friends that have been friends for years and go away each year together. However all is not what it seems relationship wise when they get together at the beach house for the final time as the house is being sold. Id give this a 4 star out of 5 read
I also finished The Maid by Nita Prose - it was a bit similar to Elinor Oliphant and if you liked that Im sure you will like this. I read it in 3 days - its about a maid (LOL) who works in a hotel where a murder takes place. She is falsely accused and is taken advantage of. I really enjoyed this and would give it 5 stars out of 5.
And on the audio book front I finished the 2nd book in the Spymaster Chronicles - The Tudor Conspiracy by C.W. Gortner It was an interesting listen and Im currently listening to the third and final book. 3 and a half stars for me as Im not sure what is true and what is fiction as its about Queen Elizabeth I and things that happen in that era.
So well ahead on the reading front - not so much on the crafting front - but stay tuned! Hope you have an excellent week

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23