2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23

This week has been so very hard. My beautiful Mum went to be with Jesus on Thursday 21st December. I am so very grateful that I was able to sit with her for countless hours in her last days - boy did I talk some rubbish to her as she slept and I embroidered and I wouldnt pass it up for the world. Now we are in the midst of making "arrangements" and I am so very aware that Mum would want me to get it "right". She was definate on that when organising my stepfather Austens funeral and Id like to be able to do the same. Because of Christmas and New Year and holidays etc her funeral will be on Tuesday 2nd January at 11am at AG Adams Funerals in Kerang and then she will be joining Austen at Kerang Cemetry. I miss her so - all the phone calls, visiting her, spending time with her (and also the other residents and staff at Cohuna village) A large part of my life and days is now gone and Ill need to work out what the new routine is. I do plan on going back to the village when the dust is settled and volunteer as its such a lovely place and they do some amazing things. And I think Mum would like that I do that too. On the finishing front this week - I finished Mums Christmas present which was the beautiful Heart and Home Block of the Month designed by Gail Pan and now I think about it how amazing to finish a 2023 block of the month in 2023. I was able to show it to mum as I finished it in her room and got several smiles from her in approval.
There was a second bonus pattern that came with it with small embroidered blocks that I am part way through finishing so you will see that at some stage. Ive also been working on a stitchery mandala and another embroidery but these are not yet complete, so you will have to wait to see them On the reading front - nothing finished but I am so enjoying reading Fourth Wing - Im glad I saved it to be reading now and also listening to The Ruins on audibook, again the perfect time for it Again neither are finished but I wouldnt be surprised if either are finished by next week. So until next week - and the last update for 2023 - love and hug those you love and care about as you never know.........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie