2023 - week 49 - December 3 - December 9

Not many weeks now left in the year! Here on the farm we are almost finishing the Ai (artificial insemination) season - we will finish this next Tuesday and then pop the bulls in with the girls for an early Christmas present for them all! Hopefully lots of baby calves growing inside mums to be born starting next August! Ive been using the program that comes with the collars that our cows wear and it shows when they are on heat - so hopefully weve got a few right! Ive managed to finish a couple of project this week and one Im super glad to finish was this test crochet blanket for a friend on Ravelry - its a fish! Lots of yardage and hours in this I can tell you!
I also got the news that Sylvia the sewing machine was faulty and that I could upgrade to the newer model for a small cost - so I did and now I have Blanche the sewing machine to play with - named after my gorgeous Nanna who was a dressmaker extroidairie
So ive dug out the project a month kits for 2023 from Chandlers Cottage and managed to finish May and June! These are both two pretty cute projects! Firstly a neck pillow
And a fabric tray
On the reading front I started Homecoming by Kate Morton but I cant really count it as a finish as I wasnt really enjoying reading - its long and very wordy and I tried skim reading it but that didnt do it for me either so I count that as a reading fail!
But exciting exciting Ive read 59 books of the 60 I aimed for this year so to celebrate Im going to read Fourth Wing! Audiobook wise Ive started the second part of the marathon 50 hour series I listened to -its a lot shorter only 34 hours! Well until next week - keep smiling! PS Mum is slowly on the mend but taking it one step/day at a time

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23