2023- week 48- November 26 - December 2

Well what a week! After mine and Aimee's short but sweet trip to QUeensland, I arrived home late Sunday night and was exhausted. Back home and ready to hit the ground running with farm stuff and a few other things, when everything got thrown upside down. My lovely Mum had a fall eaerly Monday and hit her head (and pride) badly. I quickly went into the Cohuna Village where she now lives and it was decided to send her via ambulance to Echuca for a CT scan and further investigations and care. What ensued was a very long day sitting in emergency with Mum and keeping her company. She had a small bleed which isnt usually concerning however she was on blood thinners so that changes things. These were stopped and she was admitted for observation. She obvioulsy had a concussion has she had a bad headache and was really not herself. Thankfully she was transferred back to the village on Tuesday and Ive spent every day since spending time with her. Thankfully she is starting to feel better (slowly) although the headache is still there. It could have been so much worse. I love my Mum and really dont like to see her unwell. Im very grateful for our wonderful staff who keep things going (and helping Gary) while Im not here. I can report I have a finish - which is the Campside Cardigan which I started many months ago. I had put it aside as I didnt think I had enough yarn to complete it and wasnt sure what I was going to do - however I found a wayward 2 balls of yarn and I had ample to complete it. Im really happy with it and it fits me really well.
Apart from that Ive been working on making lots of granny squares for a test pattern for a friend - hopefully you will see that finished next week! Ive also been doing some stitchery which is nice and portable which is needed at the moment. I also managed to finish the audio book that was over 50 hours long! "The Last Survivors Box Set" by Bobby Adair, and TW Piperbook. Its a dystopian series of books (which if you know me you know I really enjoy) about a society that in a lot of ways has regressed to more less tech times due to a spore disease that affects many and causes them to become deformed, agressive and no long welcome in society. I really enjoyed it and its a 5 out of 5 listen for me - although long!
I also listened (well skim listened to be honest) to "Tutankhamun and the Tomb that Changed the World by Bob Brier. Lots of interesting stuff but also a lot of not that interesting stuff. Id give it a 3 out of 5 but I did learn some things!
Well thats my week - hopefully the upcoming week will be a LOT less drama free!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23