2023 - week 33 - August 13 - August 19

And another weeke when I wonder "where did the week go?????" Lots of this happening at the moment (calves being born!)And most of them are girl ones too!
I amanged to squeeze in one finished project - a drink bottle holder - which was a tricky thing to do and the pattern didnt make a lot of sense but I got there! I also have a few other nearly finished project which hopefully will be done by next week! (I feel like I say that a lot)
On the reading front Ive got lots of finishes! Firstly (physical book) Is Yellowface by R.F. Kuang Its the story of a writer whose friend dies in front of her and she "steals" her manuscrit and claims it as her own. Its had a lot of hype as a great read and it was - defiantely a 5 starrs out of 5 read for me. In fact I read it in two big reading sessions and couldnt put it down
Next (physical book) finished was The Bookshop of Second Chances by Jackie Fraser. A light easy read that was enjoyable - the story of a recently separated woman who moves away and gains work at a second hand bookshop. Three and a half stars read for me - yes enjoyable but probably a bit predictable although I do always enjoys books about bookshops for some reason
And thirdly (audio book) Resistance by Matthew Maher which is the third book in the Nomad series. This one wasnt as good as the first two but still a good read/listen. Did get a bit confusing in parts until all the pieces joined together and a pretty odd ending but in hindsight I think it ended well and possibly left it open for a further book or two. This one is a three and a half stars out of five read too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23