2023 - week 31 - July 31 - August 5

 An interesting week here on the farm! First small batch of calves are born and in the shed and now we wait a few weeks for the main event (all the rest to calve) start.  Oddly put in some seed too and we are hoping that grows.  Due to my sciatic nerve pain Ive been confined to the house a lot and still be culling some of the things I dont think I will ever get around to making and they have all gone to excellent homes. On the flip side a very special friend of mine gifted me some things she wasn't going to finish and I've finished the first of them!  This is the coventry quilt designed by Jinny Beyer and its foundation pieced.


 


 I love the colours and the design and I free motion quilted it on my domestic Janome sewing machine. Feels like I havent spent quality time on Sylvia the sewing machine and this was very enjoyable.


Here's a pic of me and Sylvia hanging out together !





On the reading front -Ive just finished a book that was recommended by lots of people - and a lot on TikTok too and it was such a good read.  Its the Good Girls Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson Its the story of a 17 year old girl who for a school project decides to investigate the murder of another school girl that happened 5 years previously and for whom everyone thought they knew who the murdered was, and he killed himself.  It's told in story form and also with journal entries and the two twists at the end I never saw coming - definitely a 5 out of 5 star read!  Gary was a bit worried when I was reading it - but dont worry there are no tips in it for successfully committing a murder.




Well thats my week and Ill conclude with an updated pic of barrel the calf who is still living up to her name and growing so well - have a great week friends!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23