2023 - week 25 June 18 - June 24

 So after an awesome week away from the farm we are home! And what a shock the weather has been!! Frosty and freezing and not that enjoyable - take me back to Queensland! Farmwise we hit the ground running - pregnancy testing of the herd to check who is still in calf and starting joining those that aren't by artificial insemination. Its a super busy time - for the first time ever though calving has finished before we start the next joining which is a goal Ive had for a very long time and its good to get that done!

So.... back to our usual programming on what Ive achieved craft wise and reading wise - here we go!

Firstly, if you followed our car journey to Queensland - you would know that I started a scarf from sock yarn leftovers and Im pleased to say it's finished! The yarn is all leftovers from an advent kit from last year that I made a shawl from - and there was a lot of leftovers.  It's also a great easy knit as its knitted in the round so all the ends are nicely tucked inside - and it will be lovely and warm.  The pattern is called inchworm. 



I actually managed to get to my local Spinners and Weavers group on Tuesday and it was learn a technique day - and it was needle felting, something Ive never tried before.  I enjoyed doing it and it was quite therapeutic stabbing something and getting a positive result. I'll probably do some more needle felting in my future.






Also at the meeting I was reminded that I was to weave two placemats as part of my groups entry into the Bendigo Sheep and Wool Show and I thought I had heaps of time but I had two weeks! So weave away I did and this is the result.  My brief was to weave something that represents the beach and great barrier reef - so I think this ticks the box - sand and surf.  



On the reading front I dont have any finishes - but a couple that are pretty close to be finished and I'll report on them next week. 

It's lovely to be home (but it's cold!!!!!) Im yet to find my rhythm again but that will come 

Until next week 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23