2023 - week 22 - May 28 - June 3

 


Well it's officially winter and the days have been warm! Yes cold and fresh in the mornings and from late afternoon onwards but the rest of the time is quite nice indeed.  We only have 5 cows left to calve and I wish they would hurry up so that job is done and dusted but cows seem to run on their own clock.

We are now up to the beef calves being born and this little one was born yesterday - dont let its smallness or cuteness fool you - it has an excellent set of lungs! 






In the crafting finishing department I finished a scarf and a hat this week! Firstly the scarf - the yarn and pattern was gifted to me by a lovely friend Susan in a swap on Ravelry.  I just love the colour of the yarn and it suits the pattern perfectly.  It was my first time using two balls of yarn at the same time and it was pretty easy. It probably helped that the pattern wasn't too complicated - the yarn is drops yarn and the pattern is th 6th street scarf








I also finished this hat - the margareta beanie and the yarn is from ochre yarns 

I bought the yarn at last years bendigo sheep and wool show (and this years show is nearly here) so that was good to get it done. I did have a lot of trouble with the colour running from the yarn and my hands were blue from knitting it - but thankfully it washed off





Reading wise I finished two books again!

Firstly 84 Charing Cross Road by Helen Hanff.  It's the story (written in letters) of an avid reader and writer ordering books from London.  Sounds odd but it was a great read and so very well written.  This is a 5 out of 5 read for me Its a true story and sort of a biography and I really enjoyed it






Secondly I finished the second book in the Cornish Mystery Series called - The Cornish Village Murder by Fiona Leitch.  Just as funny and engaging as the first one and I enjoyed it - 5 out of 5 - I did listen to this on audible and as you know I really love the narrator who read this Zara Ramm 













So all in all another productive week! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23