20223 - week 12 March 19 - March 25




 This week was Gaz's birthday! We managed to fit in a quick trip to Echuca and have lunch with Holly and Addie so that was lovely - and pick up our new glasses and a quick trip to Bunnings as well.  I love this pic of him, it was a couple of years ago when we took our little boat down the Pyramid Creek - he does love the thumbs up sign and he always wears his hat too.







ve had several finishes on the crafting front so here goes, also Im not sure if Ive shown you the Soldotna Crop which I finished just in time for the Cohuna Show and it won a second prize. Im looking forward to wearing it over jeans and a long sleeved shirt- it's a cropped style.







I also finished a pair of socks for Gary (actually finished them the night of his birthday!) The pattern is Dustland Socks and the yarn is Plucky in the colour way Make a Grown Man Cry which I think is a bit appropriate. 








And finally I finished the little quilt with the embroidery blocks and Im really with how it turned out.  I used leftover scraps from a dresden plate quilt I made a while ago but it feels like I hardly made a dent in my scrap pile - isn't that always the way though. 








On the reading front I have had one finish "Virgins" by Diana Gabaladon.  It's a prequel short novel to the outlander series with Jamie Fraser in France with his to be brother in law and their adventures there. 






I also had two failed reads - two books that I started but really couldn't get into so I did the super brave thing and put them down.  I have that many books in my "to be read" pile its ridiculous so I figure I dont need to persevere and read stuff im not enjoying.  The books were "The Vanished Days" by Susanna Kearsley whose books I normally really enjoy and the second one was "The Ink Black Heart" By Robert Galbraith - my friend lent me this and she said she had trouble getting through it so I figured that was permission to ditch it LOL 






Comments

Carol said…
You were very busy great craft work as always 💕

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23