Relish!


 One of the things Gary wanted to know before we got married was whether or not I could make tomato relish and if I did, did I make it better than his mum.

I think I can and do!

Everyone in the family seems to like it to - so today was the day.  Unfortunately it always seems to be a very hot day when you make it (OK 33 degrees isn't not - but it is hot when you are stirring a pot over a hot stove!!!!)

Well actually it started last night - as I chop up the tomatoes and onions and sprinkle salt over them and leave overnight - like this! 






Then today was about cooking and stirring and cooking and stirring. 



And the result as you can see from the pic above - 11 and a half jars of relish (yes there is a half one which is in the fridge for Gary to eat first)


And yes this is a create - Ive created relish from tomatoes and onions (and a few other secret ingredients)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23