a most gorgeous pair of socks

I've just finished the most gorgeous (but challenging) pair of socks I've ever knitted
Ravelry linky here.
They were a test knit for a fellow member of ravelry and I started out knitting them in a gorgeous deep pink coloured yarn - unfortunately I didnt have enough yarn to make the pair so knitted a second and third sock from some handdyed yarn I had on hand - and I'm very pleased with how they turned out.  As I said before, a very challenging knit as every row is different so you have to watch what you are doing all the time.
Also a finish at the same time was the audiobook version of Jane Austen's Mansfield Park - Audible linky here.  I have found that I really like "listening" to classic novels as opposed to reading them - sometimes they are a bit hard going!

Comments

Lynne said…
Pretty colour. Different on every round? Now that would be a challenge. I love Jane Austen, maybe it's time to break out my books -- or perhaps the DVDs for more knitting time!

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23