I dug out the kit for a BOM that I had (craftsy 2013 block of the month) and had a go at doing the first block - difficulties from the word go, not the block or the sewing but having to download dvds and instructions on the internet and of course it was a day when our internet connection
Hunted out a great pattern giant scrappy dresden and Im going to use my fabrics to make it
Spent most of this afternoon cutting out and was oh so amazed how much easier it is to cut fabric when you replace your rotary cutter blade! Also used my new kitchen bench to cut on as its the perfect height - and being an overachiever I did exercises (mainly squats) inbetween each change of fabric!
When I finished all of that (several hours work) I decided to give my mat a clean as shown on Linda's blog here
So all in all a quite productive day - just now need to do LOTS of sewing to join it all together!