a heap of finishes - well actually four!

I've managed to finish four (yes four!!!) things in the one day
Firstly a book that I have been reading the old fashioned way (as in an actual book!) The Aloha Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini which is about two friends who set up a quilt camp and quite enjoyed and an easy read which I have been reading in bed at night - only a few pages at a time as Gaz doesnt like reading in bed (and I do!)






Next finish - the lingerie socks,  By far one of the most tricky and complicated items I have knitted - but very satisfying and they fit great too!

Third finish -  binding finally sewn down on this table runner which I think will go into the present box in case I need a nice homemade present for someone - I used up scraps etc so almost a "free" project

Finally and fourthly - this book which I have been listening to on my ipod courtesty of audible - The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton.  A good (and long) family saga spanning several generations.  An excellent read  listen which I would highly recommend.
So all in all a quite productive day!

Comments

Lynne said…
How wonderful to have so many finishes in one day. The socks are gorgeous, the table runner looks lovely and the two books sound interesting.
Banaghaisge said…
Lovely socks (have you been taking lessons from this bloke - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4_XNKOuODU&feature=youtu.be

ANd all yoour other accomplishments. Well done MBGF.
PS The word for Verification is "NESSLUGS". I hope you never have nesslugs in your garden...
Anonymous said…
Isn't it wonderful to get all those little things finished off. I love to write a list of things to do and cross them off. I have The Frgotten Garden on audio book as well and really enjoyed it too. I am thinking that I might have to make some things for my gift box too. I haven't tended to have hand made things in it.... just bits and pieces acquired here and there to give away.
Paula said…
I love your socks, you are a great knitter. The table runner is a beauty. I just bought from Amazon old fashion book by Jennifer Chiaverini, (Christmas quilt) I too love to read in bed. Thank you for the hint on audiobook, I'm going to look it up. It is so nice to listen to a story while knitting or stitching.
Take care
Paula (former secret pal)
Carolina said…
Lovely socks and quilt. Our book group is going to read (I'm gong to listen) to Kate Morton's book The Forgotten Garden. I love her books!

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23