2024 - week 7 - February 12 - February 18

Its been a hot and dusty week on the farm and I didnt think Id be saying it but we wouldnt mind a nice heavy rainfall! Crafting wise I finished a project that Mum started. You may or may not know that before Mum lost her eyesight she really enjoyed doing quilting and embroidery and other handwork and we had been going through her projects she hadnt finished and I had been finishing them off for her. She really enjoyed doing that and I took a lot of pleasure showing her the finished items. This crazy patchwork cushion was one we had been working on and Ive now finished it. It was bitter sweet as I enjoyed working on something that Mum had but it made me sad she wouldnt see it - well she probably is while looking down from heaven!
Ive also been working on the Wendy Williams Around the Corner Block of the month quilt and heres my latest progress - there are still a few more borders to go but I am liking its brightness and sense of fun
On the reading front Ive finished another two books and both so very different - firstly as a physical book "Love Theoretically" by Ali Hazelwood. This book had been recommended by a lot of people however for me it was a bit ho hum. Its the story of Elsie who is a STEM professor in physics who applies for a new position and the drama that happens with that. Yes theres a love interest (and the outcome is a bit predictable) but to be honest I found it a bit condesending at times about women working in STEM and also the probably predicable outcome. Its a 3 out of 5 starts for me.
Second book I finished via audible and it couldnt be different - To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. Amazingly Ive never read this book - and the narration of this by Sissi Spacek was excellent and really kept me engaged. Its the story of Scout and growing up in the 1960's in Southern America with all the prejudices between whites and blacks. Goodness they were nasty times indeed. I love the descriptiveness of the book and the reality of the times. A definite 5 out of 5 stars read for me.
Another successful week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23