2024 - week 5 - January 29 - February 4

And just like that January is finished! We have finally had a couple of hot days but really this summer has been quite mild - although those that dont like warmer weather would probably not agree with me! On the farm we are drying off the last of the cows that are pregnant and due to calve from late March onwards so bonus is there are less cows to milk so a much quicker milking time. We will be getting the rest of the herd preg tested in the coming week and fingers crossed for a lot of cows in calf! Ive been busy this week too on the craft and reading fronts! Ive been working away at the Wendy WIlliams quilt I shared with you last week and have got the first border done - its a lot of work! And just starting the next one - there is a lot more work in it than I first thought but Im determined to get it done!. Im also determined to get all the socks I have on the needles which are either one sock only started or one sock is completed and I need to do the second one. On that note Ive finished a pair which was a test knit - quite complex and lots of charts to make the cables but I think they do look pretty good. These will be for Gary.
And on the reading front another two finishes Firstly physical book - Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas. I loved her other series Ive read which starts with A Crown of Rose and Thorns and was pretty sure I would like this - and I loved it. My daughter Sarah had left me the book a while ago and I thinks shes just finishing off this series herself now too. Its a fantasy book about a very mean king who calls for a champion to be found and his son the prince, chooses Celaena who is an assassin but was caught and thrown in an horrific work camp. It follows the training for the final battle to choose the champion and other things that happen along the way. Its a most definate 5 out of 5 stars read for me!
Secondly I finished another book via audible - Stars of Fortune which is the first book in the Guardians of the Galaxy trilogy by Nora Roberts. Its a fun read - about a group of 6 who are sort of a bit like super heroes who are on a quest to find stars hidden before time by a group of good gods from one very bad one. It has a bit of romance as well and travel and food! This is a 4 out of 5 star listen for me and Ive just started listening to the next one in the series.
It feels good to be ticking things off - hopefully it continues! Have a great week

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23