three finishes!

 Well today I finished three things

All different but all related (sort of)

Firstly these socks for my hubby Gary, who is VERY knit worthy as he loves wearing the socks I make him and even commented one time "I know you love me as you knit socks for me" - correct!

The pattern is Vanilla Latte socks and this is the 16th (yes 16th) time Ive made them - its my go to pattern for easy mindless knitting.  The yarn is dyed by a friend of mine Heather from Heathermaid yarns and I bought it at the Bendigo Sheep and Wool Show a couple of year ago.  It was caked in two skeins so I didnt have to worry about the socks not matching.





Second finish is a book - A Court of thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas - my daughter Sarah told me I "had" to read it as she had not long ago finished it and really enjoyed it - I did too.  Its a fantasy read about love, fairies (or faeries) and evil beings as well.  Sort of a fantasy Beauty and the Beast but a really good read and I would recommend it.  Also what was lovely is that I read this beautifully produced collectors edition - it has lovely drawings on each page and was just a delight to read. 












Third finish is another book but this time an audio book - The Indigo Girl by Natasha Boyd.  I think someone recommended it to me and I read (listened) to it hoping I would learn a lot about the indigo dying process.  Yes there was a bit of that discussed in the book but not a lot.  Its the story of a girl in the early 1700s who is left in charge of the family plantations in South Carolina.  There are issues with slaves and how they are treated and of course an experimental indigo crop.  I didnt realise until I had finished listening to it that it is based on a true story and character which made me the rethink my thoughts on the book and really like it.  I do love listening to audio books - handy while driving, crafting and creating of course!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23