socks and the best of intentions

 Those that know me well, know that I like to knit socks! And with DPNs (double pointed needles) as they make me feel smart LOL

So prior to Christmas, when I saw there was a sock KAL (knit along) over on instagram, with clues released each day - I was excited and jumped on board.

What a journey! The sock design is gorgeous, but complex - I cast on and knitted away merrily until I realised Id missed a clue and in fact really messed up the first sock.

So whats a girl to do but unravel it all and start again which I did on the 3rd of January.

As I said the design is gorgeous but complex with lots of cables and twisted stitches - but Ive got it done and Im really happy with this pair of socks. If you would also like to make these follow the hashtag #apgalsxmas2021 over on insta and you will find it, its a collaboration of three designers.

Oh and the yarn is plucky fingering and I used 2.25mm dpns

Enjoy! And challenge yourself to make those tricky things - its worth it - you never know what you are capable of being able to CREATE! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23