Self care

"self care" is the new "in" word and to be honest I thought it was a bit wanky
But funny thing- Ive been practicing it and embracing it
As many would know Ive been involved (VERY INVOLVED) in lots of off farm pursuits relating to the dairy industry, water policy, and environmental benefits to just name a few
Also as many of you would know I broke my ribs while getting up close and personal to a cow while riding a motorbike
How are these related?
Well its made me have to sit and think and relax and journal and think about what I really want to do
Its something that when I was doing coaching sessions with Cynthia Mahoney earlier this year (heres the link to her - she's awesome! https://www.linkedin.com/in/cynthiamahoney/ )
However its taken until now for me to be brave and embrace it all
Ive stepped away from committees I was involved in as I felt it was the right time to do so, one in particular was getting to the point when I would be facing compromising what I believe and that is something Im not prepared to do
And you know what - it feels great!
Ive been taking time for myself (Di-time) and doing creative stuff (which is what my heart loves) and knitting and doodling and reading and lots of other fun things - and I dont feel guilty!
Ive been relaxing
Ive deleted people of my facebook friends list and those I follow on twitter
Ive been sleeping better
And you know what - Ive rediscovered the authentic me!

So look out world the new me is here and she is brave!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23