Feeding my creativity

 Im a few days late in posting this but things have been a bit busy here on the farm - we are having a lot of irrigation upgrades happening and Im the Project Manager (fancy title for the person who gets to try and get each of the pieces in a puzzle to work together - so far so good)

Anyway on a much more relaxing and fun note (which is the purpose of this post) last Friday I headed off to the Bendigo Sheep and Wool Show.  Bendigo is an hour and a half(ish) drive from here if you factor in the stopping at Pyramid Hill coffee bank for a take away coffee on the way - highly recommended btw https://m.facebook.com/Coffee-Bank-Pyramid-Hill-189914817727695/




The sheep and wool show http://www.sheepshow.com is an annual event - also called my many knitter/crocheters etc as Spendigo and is held at the Bendigo Showgrounds.  Over 300 stalls of yarn and related items for sale so if you like yarn you know you are going to spend $$$$ - which I did.

I went with a plan of buying
- red sock yarn (tick)
- knitpicks metal double pointed needles (tick)
- grey aran weight yarn to make a scarf (also tick)
and to have a good look around as well

I achieved all I wanted on my list in the first 15 minutes and had a quick look around at the same time, then spent the rest of the 4 plus hours I had there Really Looking Around and also purchasing a lot of other beautiful yarn and also catching up with friends.

Did I have a good day? You bet I did - plus I got to meet up with daughter Megan as well
Was I tired? Very.......first trip away from the farm since I broke my ribs 5 weeks ago and it took a few days to recover but Im so glad I went - my creativity has been fed for a while and it was good to get off farm for a little bit.
Mind you since Ive been practicing #selfcare and not attending much I do so like just being at home

PS you may well be asking what is with the photo of me in the gorgeous hand knitted jumper - I wore this to Bendigo - pattern is Zweig by Caitlin Hunter and got HEAPS of great compliments - it made my heart very warm




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23