Gratitude

The last week Ive been posting on social media #7daysofgratitude
Its been an interesting week and Ive challenged myself to not post the “usual” but something that people might not necessarily know about
Things like my surroundings, food I eat, lifestyle changes etc.
Today was day seven and its come at just the right time
Ive realised that I am grateful just for being me - being a dairy farmer - and all it entails
Yes we have to milk twice a day - but its flexible - we don’t have to start morning milking on the dot of 5 am or the afternoon milking at 4 pm.  If a friend calls in and we choose to have a cuppa with them we can and milk a bit later.  A bit different to working in a shop or an office.
Yes there is poo and wee from the cows and yes it often ends up on us - but you hose it off and clothes (and us!!!) wash.  And a bonus is we don’t have to get dressed up to go to work!
As for travel time to work - for my hubby and I we live where we work and its a minute or two walk to the dairy - no traffic jams, no public transport costs.
We aren’t locked in a single room - as some office or shop people are - we have miles and miles of paddocks, fresh air and sunshine to work in. In fact even though my hubby and I live and work together we often don’t see each other for a lot of the day - however we try and make eating meals together a priority.
Pay wise - yes we would love to be paid more, but it is what it is - but we are comfortable.
Other bonuses of our lifestyle - we get to work with animals, you reap what you sow and the sun still comes up every morning.
Quite a lot to be grateful for I would have thought
#dairylove #lovewhereIlive #insidethefarmgate

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23