Creating and reading catch up - June 17 - June 30

Ok so once again Ive got behind! I did the special queensland post for two weeks ago and since then the time has flown And guess what Im off to Queensland again on the 1st of July so......I thought Id do a post on all the things Ive made and finished of late Ok heres the finishing part........... Ive knitted quite a few hats lately - firstly another one for ollie - this one in the bigger size which he will grow into The pattern is TIny Tot hat and its a pretty quick knit which looks odd off but looks super cute on
Ive also made two alpine bloom hats from leftovers of myak yarn I had from a jumper I made
And also another of the embroidery kits I have from Clever Poppy
And Ive also been working on a shawl and also the Flower pot quilt both which are almost finished! On the reading front I have lots of report finishing! Im still reading the Borrowed World series by Franklin Horton - I finished volume two which is books 4-6 and Im still enjoying the series about a post apolypse event that leaves people in america with out power and telecommunications as well as most of the necessities. I also finished book 7 in the series - The Ungovernable and am currently listening to book 8 Im still liking it and will keep giving in 4 stars - Im not sure how many books are in the series or whether I will listen til the end but Ill see how I go!
On the physical book front Ive finished quite a few books, as there was a bit of plane reading time happening! Firstly The Dressmakers of Yarrandarrah Prison by Meredith Jaffe. I didnt enjoy this book at the start, but Im glad I persisted. It tells of the story of Derek who is in prison for embezzlement and he finds out his daughter is getting married (who he hasnt seen since he went into jail) Hes part of an embroidery/sewing circle in the prison and they coerce him into making her a wedding gown. I wont say much more as it will spoil the plot - but I will say the book got much bettr after I got past the first third - a 3 star read but still worth a read IMHO
I took Heart Bones by Colleen Hoover to read in Queensland as I thought it would be a light read. It was and a bit predictable but still readable and it kept me amused. Its the story of Beyah (how does she come up with these odd names????) who mother dies from a drug overdose. She then goes to live with her father who she has barely seen and she goes from a very poor life to one of privilige in some ways. Of course she meets a boy, Samson, and they fall in love but all is not how it seems. Again I wont say much more to spoil the story. Dont read this if drugs upset you but apart from that is was ok - again 3 stars
So you probably think - how on earth does she get all of this done??? This is probably an update from several weeks, but I also do not sleep well so get lots done in the middle of the night! Currently Im watching the Outlander series which Gary doesnt like and before that I watched Poldark - which I loved! Any ideas for series to watch would be appreciated

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23