2024 - May 27 - June 2

Winter is here! Brrrr its cold and so very glad for our wood heater that really pumps out the warmth Some days its hard to get motivated as bed is so warm and cosy as is inside the house but Ive been venturing to echuca several mornings a week to do Reformer Pilates which Im really enjoying and its really helping my sciatic and back pain and plus the teacher and other students are all just lovely We have finished calving (hooray) and about to start our AI (artificial insemination) program of cows and heifers. So one big job finishes and another one starts. I really enjoying choosing just the right bull for each of the cows and Im spending a lot of time looking at pictures of bulls and their data As promised here is the progress I have done on my Flower Pots Quilt - there are still another two borders to go around it, but Im pretty pleased so far. Ive been on a big learning curve with the machine applique and I can tell Ive really improved the further Ive gone - still not an expert but dare I say no longer a novice and I must say my sewing machine (aka Pamela Blanche) is a pleasure to work with
I also finished a pair of socks that was a test knit - I first made one sock in the dark colour shown in the photo but I didnt think its showed the lovely cabled design that well, so I made them again with the lighter brown colour and Im much more happier. The dark green one I will frog (unravel) and make something else from that yarn You might notice that each of the light brown socks appear to look different but one is a front of the sock and the other the back
I havent finished any books -as the physical book im reading is 900 plus pages long and the audio book Im listening to is 18 hours - so both will take a bit to get done A short update this week but one with a few interesting things I hope

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23