2024 - September 23 - October 6

Whoops! I forgot to do a blog post last week - did you miss me LOL Ive therefore got plenty to show you and to talk about, but firstly on the farm, weve been busy making silage and have one cow left to calve! Everywhere else seems to be getting good rain unfortunatley we have not- thank the Lord for irrigation! Excitingly Aimee and I got to the the Pharoah exhibiton at the National Gallery in Melbourne! Words cannot describe how amazing it was - to be able to see these ancient artificats is something I never thought I would do - yes still want to go to Egypt.........................
So onto what Ive finished over the last two weeks - I finished a pair of socks - the pattern is String of Lights and I used some gorgeous yarn from Natural Fibre Arts
And a hat with yarn that has been in my stash forever and Ive gone to gift/sell it many times but havent Its The verdant gryphon codex and the pattern is classic ribbed hat
I also finished the mini quilt which I started a week or two ago! Very addictive this was!
And finally some bowl cozies - which I think might also be addictive! and a great way to use up pretty fabric
Phew! And on the reading front I finished The Dutch House by Ann Patchett. To be honest I found it a grind to read and I didnt think it flowed that well. its the story of a brother and sister who are made to leave there family home when their father died and how that periodically go back and park out the front and visit. Its quite a depressing book too - so 2 and a half stars for this one.
ANd finally a much much better book (via audible) - Killing Time (the time police no 5) the latest in the series by Jodi Taylor. As you are probably aware I love love love this series which is an off shoot of the St Marys books. It tells of the further adventures of Team weird as they progress through the time police and their often hilarous adventures. Of course its 5 stars for me!
And finally I also listened to The Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah. Gosh this woman can write! Its the story of a woman from Russia who lived throught the siege of Leningran and how she has kept so much to herself but on her husbands death she tells her story to her daughters. So very well written and researched too - yes at times sad but well worth the read and of course 5 stars!
So hows that for a super huge update! Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23