2024 - April 15 - April 21

Doesnt time fly when you are having fun? Here I am once again a few days late posting last weeks update but at least Im here! On the farm, calves continue to be born, seed is still going in the ground (and watering of the seed too!) as well as the usual feeding out of hay and other maintenance things - the list never ends. And to top that off we have our biannual dairy audit coming up next week, so theres been a lot of me checking paperwork and doing extra cleaning in the dairy. Fingers crossed it all goes well, as this audit is needed for us to have our dairy licence and without that our milk company is not able to pick up our milk - so its important Im still chipping away at the Owl and Hare Hollow block of the month quilt and Im now half way and Im enjoying the variety of all the blocks - I think its going to be quite big when finished though! Heres a sneak peak of my progress so far - the blocks Ive done arent laid out in order as you dont complete them in order, but there are machine pieced, needleturned, english paper pieced and embroidered blocks so plenty to keep you interested
And you may be surprised to know I havent done any knitting or crochet for weeks! Reading wise I finished a couple of books and decided not to finish one as well. Firstly the second book in the Throne of Glass series- Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Maas What I like about these books as they start straight after how the previous one finished. Celaena is still the Kings Assassin but is not loyal to the King. Three other main characters interact in the story - Dorian the Crown Prince, Chaol the Captain of the Guard and Nehemia who is a princess from another land. Celaena must decide who she will be loyal to and to be true to herself and her heritage. An excellent read and Im already half way through the next book - and its equally as good - of course 5 stars out of 5
Next is an audio book, and continuing my listening of the books listed in the book The Reading List - this time Little Women by Louisa May Alcott Im sure I must have read this when I was younger - but it was an absolute delight to read now. Its the story of the 4 March sisters and her parents who live their lives with joy, gratefulness and helping others. I listened to a dramatised version of it via audible and I think that added even more to the story. All in all this book is like a big warm hug - yes some sad things happen but even those sad things are surrounded by love - yep 5 stars out of 5 again!
The next book {again continuing on with the listening to the books mentioned in The Reading List - was A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth. Its the story of an Indian girl trying to find a suitable husband. I just couldnt get into it and found it just so very hard to listen to. So I was brave and decided life is too short to read things I really dont like so Ive left it. I might go back and have another go at another time but not now. So thats my week - see you next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23