2023 - week 46 - November 12 - November 18

And just like that another week is done and (WOW) another week closer to Christmas and the end of the year! I had a little off farm expedition this week - a two day board meeting in Torquay - which was a very long drive by myself but enjoyable and I did manage to find a quilt shop along the way so that was a nice way to stretch my legs. Must admit I do like driving our lovely Ford Everest - its a very comfy and easy and safe car to drive - and did I mention the seat warmers? In other (annoying ) news Syliva the sewing machine has been naughty - the bobbin case has had lots of issues which Ive replaced several times and its still being problematic - so its off to the sewing shop for her and to see whether shes repaired or replaced with the same or an upgraded model BUT........... Ive managed to finish two really big projects which I so very pleased about - firstly the Linen Half Hexi quilt which I bought from as a kit from my lovely friend Nicky Tepper when she had her Honeysuckle Patchwork shop - its huge and totally gorgeous The photo doesnt do justice to how the lovely linen fabrics play together - just lovely!
Secondly I finished a crocheted blanket that was a test crochet for a Ravelry friend - Mio - and its called "Moo says the Cow" - I just had to make it didnt I? The pic doesnt show it well but in the centre of the cow the squares are white and the background is a pale green - and again Im super happy with it!
Im continuing to chip away at my UFO's (unfinished objects or projects) and its very satisfying On the reading front Im still listening to the audio book that is well over 60 hours long and I have just over 10 hours to go - it did keep me good company on the driving to and from Torquay so Im getting there! I did finish the physical book of The Paris Secret by Natasha Lester - again another 5 star read which somehow manages to incorporate Dior gown, female fighter pilots in world war 2, concentration camps and a love story or two A really interseting and engaging read
I do feel like Ive completed a fair bit this week - not sure how much Ill get done this week as next week my daughter Aimee and I are flying to Queensland for my second daughter Sarahs baby shower But rest assured we will have fun Til Next Time xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23