2023 - week 41 October 8 - October 14

Well what a busy week Ive had. Due to not being able to do much around the farm Ive been indoors a lot. Ive got lots of farm paperwork and computer stuff done which is a good and Ive been doing half a day on that and half a day on Syvlia the sewing machine. I firstly finished this quilt (only the quilting and binding needed to be done) its a Jinny Beyer pattern using all her fabrics. Im going to take it into mum for her to have on her bed in the Village for a while.
Secondly I finished a quilt made all from my scrap basket. Also left over binding pieces, half used up bobbins and threads too so a real leftover buster! I think it turned out really well and in effect its a "free" quilt and amazingly my scrap basket is considerably smaller (which never happens!)From this -
To this!
And thirdly I finished a crochet blanket for the Sterling baby due in February - this one I started years ago so it was good to get another UFO (unfinished object) finished!
Pretty successful week! Now on the reading front Ive been just as successful! On audio book I finished "Keeper of Enchanted Rooms" by Charlie M. Holmberg. To be honest I think if Id just been sitting and listening to it I wouldnt have persisted but I had it going in my air pods while Ive been quilting - and its quite a good book! his was such a beautiful, warm and cozy story, perfect for long autumn and winter evenings. An ultimate comfort read that follows a lonely author who has recently inherited a magical house. But the house is acting up, so he needs help from a trained professional Hulda Larkin to tame the estate and put some order to it.
And I also finished a book on my Kindle - "In the Afterwards" by Susan Distel (who is a friend so was exciting to read what she had written) This is the first book but my friend and I was excited to read what she had written. It's written probably for young adults and it's a dystopian setting. In a world after something big has happened and how those surviving survive. Kris is the daughter of one of the leaders and so has to keep up to her expectations with training and such. When raiders come to the settlement they have to fight for their stores and such Its a good read and I quite enjoyed it
So an excellent week on finishing stuff - just wish my recovery from the nerve root injection would hurry up! Still have pain at times and still very limited what I can do

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23