2023 - week 38 - September 17 - September 23

So after a few gorgeous sunny days (and a couple over 30 degrees!) its been back to cold mornings of 2-4 degrees but lovely days. SO the wood heater has been lit again and Im glad I didnt clean it out thinking it was the end of the heating season. This often happens and thankfully we do have a split system as a back up but the wood heater does such a much better job. I have very exciting news on the crafting front - Ive finally been able to produce some spun yarn! Its been a journey but I was talking (ok I was whinging) to an online spinnng friend from the UK and she suggested that I try and spin a little bit each day to build up the muscle memory. I also changed what I was trying to sping and - yipppee!!! - I managed it. I also managed to ply it as well, which is where you spin (in the other direction) two bobbins of the yarn you have produced which spins them together. Gary has asked what Im going to do with it and I dont have a clue - just gaze at it and be impressed. And yes Ive started my next spin so stay tuned. src="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhqdZsQabAU0igWaxiI_esMIDyIt08VuR8KOEQJ48YDIvG3bzmxbW7ubnvbVWA1NbQM9sNJ-NcgWgm5hgErTzS4j2N1clI0TpE7JkPReAVE6kM1m4SgvS4yz9MS6sfdOiZ1YzhOFM8UVs8Y2Wn3e3ZsosLiMN-IHRf-E42_8cUoBZUFTQbosv5gXhEt9SG2/s320/IMG_8258.HEIC"/>
I also finished the second sock of the test knit socks I showed you in a previous week - I so love the colour and its good to finish the second sock Straight Away otherwise I seem to have trouble getting it done!
Ive also got back to another quilt along pattern I had been working on. Id put it aside as somehow Id made the centre block too small and then the surrounding blocks wouldnt fit. So ive added a "design feature" to make the centre a bit bigger and am pretty happy with that. There are two more "clues" to do before its finished but Im loving using my leftover Kaffee Fassett fabrics for this.
Im really enjoying getting back into doing some quilting - and believe me Ive got plenty to do! Now on the reading front I havent had any finishes probably because I finished so many last week - but I have been reading! Look for that update next week. Thanks for reading along - I hope you are enjoying my crafting work and hope you can join me again next week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23