2023 - week 21 - May 21 - May 27

 Another productive week!

The weather is starting to get colder and we are very grateful for our wood heater - it really keeps the place warm and toasty.  Also been catching up on lots of cattle work - lots of vaccinations have been happening and sorting out of cows - feels good to tick some of these things off.  

Ive managed to finish two (yes two!!!) pairs of socks this week.  One pair I started way back in March and I had most of the first sock done.  It didnt take much to finish that one off and to do the second one.

The pattern is Hot Leaf Juice socks and its by a ravelry friend of mine gweneverafter and I used some lornas laces soulmate sock - this yarn is a dream to work with.




The second pair are from Helen Stewart of Curious Handmade and her Handmade sock society volume 5 - Shadow box socks

I treated myself to the yarn she used to design the pattern and its from Louie and Lola yarns and its there merino sock.  Again a lovely pattern - these socks are longer than usual but super comfy - and no Im not giving these away! 









I also finished two books - the first a physical book - Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid.  A friend (Hi Cathy!) lent me the book and she told me she loved it - I did too! It's the story of a fictional band in the 70's and their journey, and told from each of the band members and others perspectives.  It's really well written and definitely a 5 out of 5 read.


Second book was an audio book which I think I got for free - and to be honest i downloaded because I love the narrator - Zara Ramm.  She narrates the St Mary's series and books and is great. The book is The Cornish Wedding Murder by Fiona Leitch and it's a hoot - actually quite like the St Marys books.  An ex policewoman has moved back to the country and her home town to be a caterer but she cant help being a nosy parker around a murder that happens.  This too is a 5 out of 5 read/listen for me.

The Cornish Wedding Murder (The Nosey P…


So once again Im happy with my progress this week. And I cant believe is almost june and half way through the year! Have a great week people!






Comments

Jess Holgate said…
Love it 🤩 so productive & what incredible socks 💕💕

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23