2023 - week 15 April 9 - April 15




 Well that was Easter done and dusted and we are currently enjoying having Aimee, Matt and their family here with us.  We went and watched Maddison play her first netball game for White Hills - and luckily they played at Leitchville so just down the road.  She did well and her energy amazes me but then she's quite a few years younger than me LOL They only lost by 2 goals so it was  great effort for a new team.





Ive just looked at my hopeful of finishing list from last week and I did get a bit done - Ive made a couple of the grey blanket squares so should get that finished this week. 






 I DID finish the place mats for Gary and I - and we've been using them too! I used up some leftovers from a quilt I made and I really like how the fabric pieces work together - here's a real live actual picture of them being used. Guess which one is mine? And Garys?















I also finished a physical book "The Embroidered Book" by Kate Heartfield.  Its a historical story with a twist - its the story of Charlotte and Marie (who becomes Marie Antoinette) but they get by with the use of magic that learnt from an embroidered book written by their governess.  I really enjoyed it - the blend of the magic and the historical aspect of it too.




I also finished a motivational book as well by Lisa Messenger call Purpose - which is all about working out your purpose in life and how to go about getting there.  I enjoyed it however I didnt do the writing stuff you are supposed to do while reading it so will probably revisit it at some stage. 


So all in all a creative week and Im happy to be slowly ticking off a few finishes - watch this space!
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23