2023 - week 5 January 31 - February 5

 Well we are now in February - and believe it or not its supposed to be summer here in Northern Victoria and its been freezing! Some have even lit their wood fires (Not us - thats what I make all the quilts for!!!!) but the mornings have been below 10 degrees Celsius which makes getting up and milking that little bit harder.

But Ive been busy! I finished one sock and made a good start on the second one.  This looks like its really complex but the yarn is called pair-fect and its been dyed in such a way that the pattern comes out as you knit it - so basically the sock is just all stockinette.  The yarn is also designed so that both socks will be identical which makes my OCD heart happy. And bonus not much concentration is required which is nice after the complex things Ive been knitting of late.

I should have the second sock finished by the end of the week - Ive learnt to quickly cast on the second sock as soon as you finish the first otherwise it just doesn't seem to happen. Anyone else have that problem?




I spent a lot of time over the last couple of weeks sorting and cleaning out my fabrics and kit stash and I have a lot! Ive sold a couple of kits that Ive fallen out of love with and put the kits I do want to make up into containers so I know what is what.  One of the things I found was a pile of hexagons left over from another project, Ive picked those up and am enjoying english paper piecing them.  Not sure what they will turn into as yet but Im enjoying it! Also perfect for stitching and listening to an audio book or watching a podcast 




On the reading front just the one finish this week as Ive been reading a huge physical book (thanks Sarah for reminding me I needed to read the last book in the series and its great) A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J Maas, it will take several weeks to get through it!

On audio I listened to and finished "Year One book one of the Chronicles of The One" by Nora Roberts. I know she's a popular author but I havent read any of her books before.  This one had me hooked from the first page - its a dystopian novel about a disease that affects the whole planet and huge numbers of people die (sound a bit familiar) but this is much more deadly than covid.  This causes the dark to start taking over and what happens to those who are in the light or the dark and the battles that happen.  Im now onto book 2 of the series (there are 3) and its just as good.  Id give this book 5 stars and 10/10 if you like this sort of stuff

Well thats me for the week and happy February people!

Comments

Anne P said…
Organizing /reorganizing can be so helpful to find old beloved things you forgot you had. I am totally that way with socks - I try to get the first one done and the second one started right away. Seems to help with the momentum of getting a pair finished.

I hope you enjoy the Sarah Maas book. I keep seeing the Nora Roberts you just finished, so guess that needs to go on the TBR too!

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23