Goodbye 2017 hello 2018

Well 2017 and done and dusted - and I must admit Im glad! It was a year that challenged me greatly - nearly everything I believed in or had fought hard for was changed or taken away from me.  But you know what - I think its made me a better person because of it.
And you also know what else? Theres nothing I can do to change what happened in 2017 - its gone, done, its history.
But 2018 is a different story - I can do something about that! And Im choosing to take my learnings from 2017 into 2018.  My "word" that I am going to focus on is
Content
I am going to be content with what I have and not complain about what I dont have
I am going to finish a lot of stuff that Ive started - and If I no longer feel joy in completing it or participating in it - Ill move it along
I am going to spend time on me! I started today a 6 week online challenge for busy women which focuses on well-being.
I am going to journal going to learn how to journal!
I am going to spend more time with those I love
I am going to say no more
I am going to think through the consequences of decisions I make instead of just jumping in
I am not going to engage with negative people unless it is totally necessary
I am going to reduce the time I spend on social media and cull a few that I follow and interact with
I am going to practice gratitude
I am going to spend more time with God
I am going to step outside of my comfort zone and do amazing things
I am going to be grateful for what I have
I am going to count my blessings
I am going to say thank you more
I am going to watch and read things that motivate me
I am going to be content

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23