has the quilter returned?

After a week that I wish I had never experienced, during which time I had hours and hours of knitting time - I came home Thursday and actually felt the urge to sew quilt something.  Thankfully Mum had given me two little quilts of hers to finish - well to tell the truth I was at Mum's home and we were having lunch.  While I was eating I was looking at two little quilt tops that were pinned to her curtain - I think they had been there for quite some time - years in fact.  I said to Mum "would you like me to finish these for you?" Of course she jumped at the chance as her eyesight is pretty dodgy now.
So......got out the tops, found some wadding and back etc and quilted them.  I had forgotten how relaxing quilting is when its all going according to plan (which it was).  Bound them and even labelled them.  Dropped them off to Mum last night and she was amazed - thought I was quilting them for her for a Christmas present!
SO I gather Im in Mum's Good Books.  And she has a new quilt for Christmas decorating and a sewing themed one to hang on the wall too!
So while Im feeling sewing like - today I hunted out some charm squares I had (cute pink ones) and a cream jelly roll and am making a quick and easy top - wish me luck.


Oh!!! and for the knitters out there - do not fear!







Whipped up this ipod cover for Megan and she loves it!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23