Wife, mum, nanna and dairy farmer and not necessarily in that order!
Love to knit, crochet, quilt, read, garden and lots of other stuff!
I'm a Christian too
are they nearly ready to leave the nest?
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
Well our baby kookaburras are nearly ready to leave the nest, so Gary and Megan have been handling them every day - to get them friendly!!! I'm amazed how big they have grown and how quickly.
I had a pet kookaburra when I was a kid - we got him as a fledgling (his mum was killed) and he lived in the backyard. He was never caged and I fed him eveyr night with meat cut up to look like worms. I had him for years until one day he flew away, I guess he just grew up - but he did come back to visit. My step aunt, who is only four years older than me had his sibling.Lovely memories of "Kooka" - thank you
First week of scatterydays and blogger wont let me directly up load photos so Ive had to resort to using old photos and copying and pasting the url's Expensive - water - without water we cannot function as a farm and its a much needed (but costly) commodity Music - walking along behind the cows listening to all the different noises that they make Exciting - walking - my granddaughter Maddison is learning to walk and using whatever she can to help achieve it! WIP (work in progress) - I'm working on the "love is" block of the month which Im really enjoying and actually managing to (almost) keep up with the blocks as they arrive each month to do be done.
Hooray! Sock one is done and dusted - and it even fits!!!!! I dont know if Ive mentioned it but this is by far the hardest thing most complicated/complex thing I have ever knitted - and now I have to knit another one or else just one sock is not good for anything at all - wish me luck Ive cast it on.......
Ok I might not be the worlds best needleturn appliquer but Ive managed to finish the first block of Aunt Millies Flower Garden - Ive actually had the whole set sitting here waiting for quite some time ., ok a really long time, it was a block of the month (12 blocks) and all the blocks are sitting here ready to go. I know its not perfect but Im quite happy with it! Now on to block 2
Comments