2024 March (yes all of the month) books I read!

Right o Ive done what I made in March - heres what I read Buckle up its a lot! Firstly the physical books - Good Girl, Bad Blood (Good Girls Guide to Murder Part 2) by Holly Jackson
This takes up where the first book (Good Girls Guide to Murder) finished Pip has sworn she will never investigate another murder or disappearance but when her friends brother goes missing and the police arent keen to help she cant help herself but step in. This book is equally as good as the first which plenty of twists that you really dont see coming Of course its a 5 star read! I quickly followed this with Kill Joy by Holly Jackson (good girls guide to murder 0.5) Its a small book and the prequel to the first book. It tells of the friends all playing a murder game and how they solve it. It was an ok read but not as good as the other two books Its a 3 star read for me
Next was Playing with Fire by Tessa Gerritsen. Not the usual sort of book I would read I think it was given to me by a friend however I couldnt put it down! A violinist finds a really old piece of music in an antique store and strange things happen when its played. So many twists and turns and a bit of travel too. A definate 5 star read!
And then because I enjoyed that book - I was in a second hand book shop in Airlie Beach and found another book by the same author - Gravity Completely differnt type of story - this one was sci fi about a mysterious virus that got loose on a space station. Again I couldnt put this one down either and even Gary read it too. And yes again 5 stars out of 5
Next was the Tailors Girl by Fiona McIntosh. I bought this from an op shop and it was a good lightish read. The story of Eden Valentine who is a budding dress designer and how she found the love of her life and then lost him again due to him losing his memory. It was set in England and Paris and an intersting enough story and 3 stars
Phew that in itself is a lot of books, but now for the audio books. I dont know if Ive mentioned but Ive decided to listen to each of the books mentioned in the fabulous book The Reading List on audio. Firstly The Time Travellers Wife by Audrey Niffenger. Ive watched the movie of this before and it annoyed me so I was pleasantly surprised to find I enjoyed the book. Its the story of Henry and Clare and their romance and lives. Henry time travels up and down the time line and Clare waits for him and loves him. Its quite a poignant story and 5 star read
Next The Life of Pi by Yann Martel. Its the story of a boy nicknamed Pi who tries to learn about religion and spirituality and somehow ends up on a lifeboat with a tiger. The ending shocked me and really got me un awares. I would give this 3 stars - not my favorite but still an interesting book.
Next was The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. This would have to be one of the saddest and most depressing books Ive read. Its the story of a boy from Afghanistan and what happens to him both in his childhood living there, and when at an older age he moves to America and then goes back to Afghanistan for a while. The one happy sort of thing in the whole book happens in one of the last pages. Even though it was so very sad Im going to give it 4 stars as I learnt a lot and this book will be with me for a while.
told you it was a lot - 8 books! And I think it proves that I enjoy reading all sorts of books!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23