2024 - March 24 (yep all of March in the one!) crafting stuff

What a crazy month March has been! Half spent in Airlie Beach half spent home on the farm! Ollie arrived in all his cuteness (see seperate blog post) and amazingly while up in Queensland I did get quite a lot of craft stuff done! So sit back and relax and watch it all unfold! Firstly the biggest finish - Around the Corner Quilt designed by Wendy WIlliams - this one was huge and a big learning curve for me - it has wool embroidery, curved piecing and lots of other tricky things - and did I mention its huge! I bought the kit for it as a BOM (block of the month) several years ago so its good to get this one done
Next finish was these socks - pattern is Twizzler Socks and the yarn is from Freckled Whimsy - colourway is October is my favorite colour so obviously Ill keep these ones for me! This pattern is a great one for self striping yarn for those sock knitters reading along
Next is the licorice allsorts cowl - oddly I had tried to sell the kit yarn for this but had no takers so Ive made it up Originally I was going to make it for Mum for mothers day so Im not sure what Ill do with it at this stage- a simple but effective pattern
While in Queensland I coloured in another mandela - I really like doing these and they are very effective when finished - just a bit stressful choosing the colours to use
I also finished these socks - they are a test knit for Lisa Ross aka Paper Daisy Creations and the pattern (i think) is to be called Chasing Dawn. I used natural Fibre arts yarn for the main part of the sock and some left over Ash and Eve yarn for the contrasts I really do like contrasting heels, toes and in this case ribbing as well.
And finally a quick and easy project - a spa day facecloth!
Goodness even I think this is all a lot! Ill do a seperate post of the books Ive read as Im not sure how posts with lots of pic will down load - stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23