Day 4 of lockdown home and family

Here we are on day 4 - however by the increasing case numbers, I wont be surprised if this lockdown goes on for longer than a week, sadly.

My Mum is in an aged care facility just near me and due to covid (sensibly) the facility is locked down - so no visiting inside the facility. However you are able to talk to residents "through the glass" and I did that with mum today. We did the same many times last year during that lockdown and memories came flooding back of me feeling like the locked out one with staff etc inside cheerfully walking past and saying hi and me freezing sitting outside with a take away coffee talking to mum. The things you do - but I do know that mum likes to see my face and not just talk on the phone so it was good. 

I also worked on a secret quilt project for a new to be born family member- no picks as its a surprise!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23