long weekend activities

OK _ I started this post LAST Monday and its still a draft.
Why???
Cos I cant find the camera (again!!!)
Anyways here is a bit of what Ive been doing.....
This weekend is the long weekend here for the Queens Birthday - I didnt get an invite to the party, did you?
As for what Ive achieved or not achieved this weekend with the extra day is probably pretty good, in a mad moment (which I think was late at night and could have involved a glass of wine) I signed up for a block of the month from Quilters Bazaar, its needlturned and called Flowers from My Garden. Managed to get the first block done and took two and a bit days to do it but it looks pretty good
Also finally finished a top that I finally like but hated the whole time I was working on it. It started out as one of Bonnie Hunters mystery quilt but I then lost interest...so....decided to make it a table topper...still didnt like it as I had heaps of nine patch blocks left over so Ive made it reversible - and now I finally like it. Dont know why I didnt like it in the first place - Ive used heaps of my "holy" Japanese indigo fabrics so I SHOULD like it

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mums eulogy

Ollie

2023 - week 51 - December 17 - December 23